Virtual Wine Tasting
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us (online) for yet another Virtual Wine Tasting Party hosted by Scot & Kimberly @ DrinkWithFred.com & Prestige Wine Group respectively. Once again we plan to simulcast LIVE from The Fred in St. Croix USVI with special guest Curtis McBride joining us from the 689 Winery in Napa Valley, California on Wednesday, July 22nd starting at 6:30PM AST. This is an exciting opportunity to sample three - 90 pt. "Killer" Reds for just $60 (that's $20/bottle - delivered).
Life is an adventure, hop onboard!
The story of 689 Cellars dates back to 2008. Curtis McBride had spent many years in the wine business marketing and selling wines globally. His friend and winemaker Kent Rasmussen had spent many years crafting exceptional wines out of California. After many trips back and forth to the Far East, Curtis and Kent decided that they could use elements of Chinese numerology to express their ideals for a perfect winery. In Chinese culture the numbers SIX EIGHT & NINE are considered to be lucky or auspicious numbers.
During these travels through the Far East they experienced this to be true. So, they named their winery after these numbers in respect for and in tribute to the positive forces each represents.
Similar to the interwoven numbers in their logo, their wines reflect separate elements coming together into one balanced and harmonious whole.
- 689 Red Blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet, Merlot, Syrah & Petite Sirah (750 ml bottle) This 2017 release boasts a magnificent bouquet of red cherries, followed by flavors of crushed blueberries, blackberry pie, warm black cherry and spice. Wonderfully concentrated in the mouth with layers of complexity, it wraps up with an exotic, rich and juicy fruit finish.
- KILLER DROP (750 ml bottle) Seductive and alluring Killer Drop opens with exuberant aromas of chocolate-covered cherries, blueberry, and wild berries with nuances of spice and licorice. On the palate, plushly textured and packed with black fruit and earthy layers, full-bodied, rich and juicy with expansive flavors of black cherry and spicy red fruit. The wine has compelling freshness, velvety texture with a long perfumed finish.
- DEVIL'S CANDY (750 ml bottle) Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2017 Devil’s Candy has a wonderfully savory nose. The wine bursts from the glass with a pleasant aroma mixing freshly crushed blueberries, blackberries, black raspberries, dark chocolate, and violets. The massively rich, full bodied palate features wonderfully complex and savory earth tones and crushed black cherries, all lifted by a fantastic freshness. This beautifully plush wine is jam-packed with layers of black fruit and finishes long.
- 1 Package of Marinated Olive Medley
- 1 Package of Gourmet Crackers
- 1 Unique Zoom Link w./ Password
- 1 Special Gift from Kimberly
Each kit provides enough materials for 2-4 participants, all you need are glasses and a wine key (not included). Even though these wines are produced in California they are NOT available for purchase in the United States.
Pre-order your Wine Tasting Kits via Eventbrite (while supplies last). Sales will close at midnight on Sunday 7.19 in order to provide enough time for you to collect your wine kits from the drop off location that you designate when you purchase tickets.
If you forget when or where to pick up your Wine Kit please check your ticket for details.